Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pre-flight jitters

Well, this is it folks. Just three days before we venture into Latin America with U.S. Wheat Associates. I wish I could say I was all prepared, but I don't think anyone is ever really prepared for an adventure like this. I just know I'm going to forget something....

I've tried to get my ducks in a row here at work and at home. In the process of gathering clothes, arranging for Shiloh the Wonder Schnauser's care, and finding camera gear for the trip, I also had a surprise visit from my folks. Mom and Dad Latzke are thrilled that I'm getting to go out of the country. But, I noticed Mom hugged me a little harder before they left this time. I guess it's an entirely different thing putting your kids on a plane across the hemisphere, and not just across the country.

In the coming days I'm going to try to post some background information on the four countries we'll be visiting, Colombia, Peru, Costa Rica and Mexico. And, I'd love to get some pre-tour questions from everyone—especially the wheat growers from the five states sponsoring my portion of the trip, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado and Nebraska. Anything you'd like to ask our foreign counterparts in the wheat industry? I'll post any answers here in the next few weeks or so.

In the meantime, take care and thanks for taking the time to follow along on our journey!

No comments: